[CP2K:979] Re: time for every MD step

LIANG Yunfeng liangy... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 01:40:48 UTC 2008

To run cp2k starting a configuration (not from previous ab initio), do we
need relax the configuration firstly and then introduce a small amount
random distortions to the position as cpmd does.

Even though to obtain a fully equilibrated velocity for system takes
time(0.5ps?). Actually we should not be very worried about the energy
conservation, you see the last 1000 steps of my *.ener file, which seems ok.
A drift 0.008 Ry/192 is still physical, isn't it?

Can you draw some lines related to the optimizing procedure to the
equilibrium state for cp2k MD user?

Sincerely, Yunfeng