[CP2K:420] Re: grid settings

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Nov 30 12:15:15 UTC 2007

Hi

this is a GAPW calculation. The charge you refer to is only
the charge on the equidistant PW grid. The total charge
on all grids is for your input

Total Rho_soft + Rho1_hard - Rho1_soft (r-space):               -1.9999999929

As Teo already pointed out you can improve the energy by
using another Poisson solver and/or increasing the box size.
If you also use a higher cutoff for the grid, e.g.

     &MGRID
         CUTOFF  360
     &END

You get to an energy of

-1.15977265992678

that is only 1.4*10^-6 Hartree different from GAMESS.

GAPW uses a one center expansion of the density based on
the basis set used. For small basis sets (like 6-31G*)
this leads to rather small expansions and some errors
are introduced. It's expected that this error is reduced
for larger (with more primitives) basis sets.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland