Compiling on an Intel mac.

Andrew Walker keg... at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:39:45 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I've just compiled and run Quickstep for the first time and I'm
impressed how straight forward it is. Anyway I have a minor issue with
compiling on an Intel mac running OSX that does not seem to have been
raised in this forum before, and it'll probably be useful for somebody
at some point so I may as well document it here.

Although the current CVS source comes with a perfectly good Makefile
for my machine (an off the shelf macbook, Intel Core Duo, OSX 10.4.9
with g95 0.90) located at arch/Darwin-IntelMacintosh-g95.s[opt|dbg],
tools/getarch_code knows nothing about it. The fix is trivial: add the
following to the case statement in getarch_code

      Darwin-*I386-8.9.1-i386)
        PLATFORM="Darwin-IntelMacintosh-g95";;

make sdbg then seems to work with no problems (at least, I can run the
Quickstep H2O-geoopt test. I guess the expression could be made a
little more general, but I don't have another machine to hand to test
on. It would be good if somebody with CVS commit access would include
this.

I also see there are two mailing lists for this code. Is there any
preference as to which one is used?

Cheers,

Andrew