[CP2K:37] Wrapping cp2k

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:28:22 UTC 2007

There's still one more possibility:

Good idea, it's already implemented.. ;-)

There's the possibility to get instead of an executable an object
file of cp2k that can be called
from another program (in c, python whatever)..
Fawzi worked a lot on that and it is the core of the fortran77
interface..
I guess he (Fawzi) will reply for sure on this topic..

Cheers
Teo

p.s.: Just one consideration.. as long as you work with system of
small dimensions the IO overhead is not a problem..
But that is not true if you go to several tens of thousands of atoms
(using the classical module) where the time to setup the
calculation is larger than the time to compute 1 energy/force..  Just
consider that..