Segmentation fault (x86-64)

akohlmey akoh... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:56:10 UTC 2007

toon,

please check your stack size (ulimit -s).
the intel compiler requires much more stack than what
is usually enabled on (redhat or derived) linux distributions.
you can check this most easily for the serial version by
doing this interactively. in parallel this needs to be set on
all nodes.

ideally, you have your sysadmin raise the default stack limit
on all nodes to a more reasonable value. if this is not doable,
i have a hack to the cp2k code to reset the value from within
the cp2k run (and a similar one to re-enable coredumps which
are intercepted by the (stupid) intel fortran runtime).

cheers,
   axel.