[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20664] Re: Energies of the atoms of my system

Jakob Brauer jakob.brauer.1995 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 10:17:31 UTC 2024

Dear all and dear author,

Did the Input suggetions with " FORCE_EVAL / PROPERTIES / ATOMIC ENERGY
.TRUE." work for you? If so, would you mind sharing your input as an
example?

I am also trying to run an AIMD simulation and would like to print the
atomic forces and energies too. When I use the block:
&PROPERTIES
        &ATOMIC
        ENERGY TRUE
        &END ATOMIC
&END PROPERTIES

the calculation the SCF converges fine and the atomic forces are printed
for the first timestep but then the job crashes with the error:
 *     ___
                                                           *
 *  /         \
                                                           *
 * [ABORT]
                                                     *
 *  \___/                             CPASSERT failed
                                        *
 *    |
                                                           *
 *  O/|
                                                         *
 * /| |
                                                           *
 * / \
            force_env_methods.F:430 *

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

            2 qs_mol_dyn_low
            1 CP2K

This behavior does not seem to be dependent on the basisset (I tested it
for DZVP and TZVP MOLOPT) or on the CP2K version (I tested it with the
2023.1, 2023.2 and 2024.1 versions).

I hope this is the right place for this question, otherwise I will open a
new topic.
Thanks in advance!
Jakob