[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20648] Re: Cp2k EMAX_SPLINE issue

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 12:36:15 UTC 2024

Hello

The tilmestep of 5 fs is far too large to provide a reasonable integration
of the equations of motion. 0.5 fs is an appropriate value.
The  SCF convergence tolerance (EPS_SCF) of 0.01 is not good enough, which
means that the forces are going to be very inaccurate. 1.E-6 is a commonly
used value.

Regards
Marcella