[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20765] Re: compilation problems - LHS and RHS of an assignment statement have incompatible types

bartosz mazur bamaz.97 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:46:08 UTC 2024

Hi Frederic,

I've used Intel OneAPI 2024.2. and it helped with the error we discussed.
Thanks a lot for that!

However, still some tests failed (correct: 4091 / 4227; failed: 136). Now
most of the failed tests are killed without additional information with:

```
=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   RANK 0 PID 172367 RUNNING AT r23c03b11
=   KILLED BY SIGNAL: 11 (Segmentation fault)

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   RANK 1 PID 172368 RUNNING AT r23c03b11
=   KILLED BY SIGNAL: 11 (Segmentation fault)
```

and sometimes also this message is printed:

```
LIBXSMM_VERSION: develop-1.17-3834 (25693946)
LIBXSMM_TARGET: clx [Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8268 CPU @ 2.90GHz]
Registry and code: 13 MB
Command (PID=172367):
/lustre/pd01/hpc-kuchta-1716987452/software/cp2k/exe/local/cp2k.psmp
2H2O_t01.inp
Uptime: 0.932725 s
```

or

```
LIBXSMM_VERSION: develop-1.17-3834 (25693946)
CLX/DP      TRY    JIT    STA    COL
   0..13     22     22      0      0
  14..23     15     15      0      0
  24..64      0      0      0      0
Registry and code: 13 MB + 320 KB (gemm=37)
Command (PID=132831):
/lustre/pd01/hpc-kuchta-1716987452/software/cp2k/exe/local/cp2k.psmp
admm_dbcsr_thread_dist.inp
Uptime: 1.272898 s
```

I was able to find similar issue (here
<https://github.com/libxsmm/libxsmm/issues/805>) but I am not sure how I
could fix it. I performed the regetests twice and in some cases the tasks
finished without error the first time, but failed the second time, and the
opposite: for example `QS/regtest-hfx/H2-ADMM-full.inp` was `OK` in the
first run but finished with `RUNTIME FAIL` in second run, or
`QS/regtest-as-1/h2_gapw_pp_2-4.inp` finished with `OK` in the first
run (as the only one in this set) but in the second run finished with `RUNTIME
FAIL`. In the attachment I provide outputs from toolchain, make and
regtests 1st and 2nd run.

The thing I've noticed is that toolchain is using ifort, which is some
older version `ifort (IFORT) 2021.13.0 20240602`. Do you think using ifx
would be better and maybe could help solving this issue? If yes, how can I
force toolchain to use ifx instead of ifort?

Another question - none of the regtests ended in `WRONG`. Does this mean
that I can assume that cp2k is safe to use and if an error occurs, the job
will be killed instead of getting an erroneous result?

Best
Bartosz