[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20755] Re: compilation problems - LHS and RHS of an assignment statement have incompatible types

Frederick Stein f.stein at hzdr.de
Tue Oct 8 12:07:14 UTC 2024

Dear Bartosz,
If you want to compile with Intel, then drop the "--with-gcc" flag.
Regarding Intel, we do not test Intel 2022.2 anymore. You should try the
IntelOneAPI containing more recent compilers instead.  We are currently
testing version 2024.2.
The warnings can be ignored for now, but we are aware of that issue and
will make adjustments later after dropping some older compilers.
Regarding the runtime errors. The error "LHS and RHS of an assignment
statement have incompatible types" could be a compiler bug (see
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/Segmentation-fault-due-to-assignment-of-derived-type-variable/td-p/1489823).
The allocation error may also be a compiler bug as the respective array is
always allocated and the routine is left directly after deallocating the
array earlier in the routine.
Best,
Frederick