[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20745] Re: cp2k V_XC_CUBE

Lukas C l.cvitkovich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 22:18:02 UTC 2024

Dear CP2K users,

I want to understand the XC contribution to the overall potential in
detail. Therefore I would like to come back to the Andres' question above.
I have the same problem. There is no separate cube file for V_XC using:
  &V_XC_CUBE ON
    ADD_LAST NUMERIC
  &END V_XC_CUBE

The section &V_HARTREE_CUBE is set to OFF. If it is ON *v_hartree-1_0.cube
appears.

I use a PBE0 functional with the following setup:

    &XC
      &XC_FUNCTIONAL
        &PBE
          SCALE_X 1.0
          SCALE_C 1.0
        &END
        &PBE_HOLE_T_C_LR
          CUTOFF_RADIUS 2.0
          SCALE_X 0.0
        &END
      &END XC_FUNCTIONAL
      &HF
        &SCREENING
          EPS_SCHWARZ 1.0E-6
          SCREEN_ON_INITIAL_P Y
        &END
        &MEMORY
          MAX_MEMORY 1000
          EPS_STORAGE_SCALING 0.1
        &END
        &INTERACTION_POTENTIAL
          POTENTIAL_TYPE TRUNCATED
          CUTOFF_RADIUS 2.0
          T_C_G_DATA ${fdir}t_c_g.dat
        &END
        FRACTION 0.00
      &END
    &END XC

Am I missing something? Is there an alternative way to find out the XC
potential?
Thanks for your help!

Best,
Lukas