[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20248] Dipole error with liquid metal system: "Berry phase moments for non uniform MOs' occupation numbers not implemented"

Michela Benazzi bnzmichela at gmail.com
Tue May 28 22:06:04 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

I am using CP2K 6.1.0 (the cluster I have access to is not updated). My MD
jobs have been timing out after 4 hours despite the CPU time allocation I
specify (24 h). Other files run normally, so I am pretty sure that the
issue is due to my input file.

I tried adding PRINT_LEVEL HIGH to get more information on the issue, and
this is what comes up: Berry phase moments for non uniform MOs' occupation
numbers not implemented. SCF converged successfully, and I am not sure if
the issue is ADDED_MOs (I went by 20% of all available MOs), or if it
intrinsic to SMEAR, which I need because I have a metallic system.

Please kindly refer to my attached input and output for more information. I
would genuinely appreciate the help - this has been a roadblock for some
time! Thank you very much and have a nice day,

Michela