[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20235] Re: CP2K installation problem

Frederick Stein f.stein at hzdr.de
Sat May 25 15:55:27 UTC 2024

Dear Seraphina,
I am not sure whether I am understanding your question correctly but it
requires a bit of time to compile the relevant packages and CP2K. The
actual time depends on your machine on which you compile the software (age
of cluster, number of available CPUs etc.) and the optional packages to
install the code (especially Libint and if not provided by your system, the
latest GCC and OpenBLAS packages tend to need more time). From my
experience, the compilation time for packages and CP2K can be from 30 min
to several hours.
If you do not have an internet connection available, you may download the
archives separately, copy them to your system of choice to the
toolchain/build directory or compile them yourself (with the same compiler
with which you intend to compile CP2K).
HTH
Frederick