[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20207] Issue with Zero Electron Density Around Boron in Phenylboronic Acid Calculations

frank hg frankhuang0629 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 04:52:24 UTC 2024

Hello all,

I am encountering an issue with the electron density calculations for boron
in a phenylboronic acid molecule using CP2K. After performing structure
optimization and subsequent energy calculations, the Milliken charges for
boron appear normal. However, the outputs from the
cp2k-cube-ELECTRON_DENSITY and cp2k-elf-ELF files indicate that the
electron density around the boron atom is zero. This unusual result
persists even after recalculating the Bader charge based on the
cp2k-cube-ELECTRON_DENSITY  file , which also suggests that the boron's
charge is zero.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues or might have
insights into what could be causing this discrepancy. Any suggestions on
how to address this problem or adjustments to my calculation setup would be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!.

Regards,
Bosi.