[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20197] Overlapping atoms in periodic conditions: GEOMETRY and EMAX_SPLINE error!

Michela Benazzi bnzmichela at gmail.com
Wed May 8 20:47:42 UTC 2024

Hello!

I am trying to perform a geometry optimization with 64 Al atoms for the
purpose of obtaining an xyz file for MD. I attached the input and output
files - I do not have any EMAX_SPLINE value specified, but this error line
is striking to me:

WARNING| Particles: 51 25 at distance [au]: 0.00000000 less than:
0.01889726; increase EMAX_SPLINE

I am not sure how that would be the case: I made sure that all of the atoms
would be at a distance from each other above the atomic radius of Al. I
made my cell periodic, so I am wondering if that might be a mistake?

Thank you kindly for your help!