[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20042] Help regarding Geometry Optimization of a bimetallic surface

Arka Prava Sarkar sarkar.arkaprava200 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:39:45 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,
I am trying to perform a geometry optimization (GEO_OPT) of a fcc111
Pt0.5Au0.5 bimetallic surface (10x10x3) generated from ASE, with a lattice
parameter of 3.9 angstrom in CP2K. However, after the geometry optimization
is completed, the visualization of the coordinates show that the top layer
gold atoms are moving away from the surface layer. I am using CUTOFF 400
and REL_CUTOFF 60 for the calculations. I am unable to figure out how to
resolve the problem. I think the forces are very high. I am trying a cell
optimization calculation with higher CUTOFF. Will this be useful? Or should
I change something else in the geometry optimization calculations? Any help
will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I am attaching the input file
and xyz coordinates.