[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20005] Error while using annealing function

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 6 09:47:09 UTC 2024

Hi

1) equilibrate your system at the initial temperature
     using the NVT ensemble and some strong thermostat (or rescaling)
     Don't ever use STRESS_TENSOR NUMERICAL.
      If you don't need the stress tensor (e.g. NVE) don't calculate it.
      If you need it (e.g. NPT) use ANALYTICAL always.
2) start annealing from equilibrated system. If you want to keep the
    volume constant, still use NVT.

OT is fine, but use DIIS for the production run (may not work for initialization).

regards
JH