[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20002] Error while using annealing function

Yibo Wang (Seeker) yibowang333 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 06:57:46 UTC 2024

Dear all,

I currently hope to use the annealing function in CP2K to reduce the system
temperature. But I had no experience using this function before, so I wrote
the input file in the attachment with reference to the keywords in the
manual. However, after only one step of calculation, the following error
was reported in the output file: Error in diagonalisation. I have the
following questions and need your valuable help:

1. Does the OT algorithm not support the Annealing function? If this is the
case, I also tried to use diagonalization for calculation but the
calculation did not converge. Is there any solution?
2. I unset the thermostat and changed the ensemble to NPE_F according to
the manual. I want the temperature to decrease while the unit cell remains
unchanged. Is this setting correct? Furthermore, is a scaling factor of
0.995 sufficient for general systems?

Thank you for your help.

Regrads,
Yibo