[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19991] Re: Inquiry Regarding Force_Matching

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Mar 4 11:03:38 UTC 2024

Hi

the CP2K force matching is a rather old and probably not often used feature.
It works by minimizing RMS force differences from a reference calculation
and a parametrized input. The optimizer is Powell's gradient free method.
You can find some examples in
.../tests/optimize_input/regtest-1

regards
JH