[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19982] Re: *** WARNING in fm/cp_fm_elpa.F:522 :: Setting real_kernel for ELPA failed ***

Guilherme da Silva gcarneiroq at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 01:17:21 UTC 2024

Hi,

I will share with you my little experience with this warning.

I believe it is just a matter of how elpa was compiled not being tuned to
the machine you are running the simulation.The ELPA_KERNEL default is AUTO
and somehow it didnt manage to choose one of the options to the target
machine.

I tested with elpa or scalapack some single points and geometry
optimizations and, even with that warning, results were the same.

If you are still not confident about that you can try two changes under the
GLOBAL section:

1. Choose PREFERRED_DIAG_LIBRARY

* SCALAPACK -2. *Change ELPA_KERNEL to GENERIC or GENERIC_SIMPLE.

In some tests I did, SCALAPACK or GENERIC were (very roughly) 0.8% slower
than GENERIC_SIMPLE.

Kind regards