[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20333] Re: ADMM Method to Speed Up MD Simulation with B3LYP functional

Frederick Stein f.stein at hzdr.de
Sat Jun 15 19:41:48 UTC 2024

Dear Jia,
If I compare both outputs, I see that ADMM indeed reduces the computational
costs of the HFX kernel. What you still see are FFT (fft_wrap_pw1pw2). You
have two ways to reduce its costs: reduce the cutoff and/or reduce the box
size. If that reduces the accuracy to much, you may check the keywords
ALLTOALL_SGL and FFTW_PLAN_TYPE in the GLOBAL section to improve the
performance of FFTW and the communication algorithms.
HTH,
Frederick