[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20301] Re: Errors in Compiling CP2K 9.1

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Tue Jun 11 13:16:49 UTC 2024

Hi

The How to Compile CP2K on Windows<https://www.cp2k.org/howto:compile_on_windows> was introduced and tested for the first time with CP2K version 2023.2 under Windows10 (22H2) using Ubuntu 22.04 with WSL. This does not mean that earlier versions won’t work, but there is a high probability to encounter problems. Building a parallel CP2K binary with GPU support using WSL might cause further problems and, as already said, it will not pay back performance-wise with a consumer graphics card.

Best

Matthias