[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20511] Re: XC_FUNCTIONAL SCAN

Vibhav Yadav vibhavyadav96 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 09:05:14 UTC 2024

Dear Marcella,
The calculation still doesn't converge if you remove the *CHARGE -2*
keyword.
Charging of the system is essential, otherwise it won't be neutral. So one
needs to add a background charge to maintain the NET CHARGE as 0, coz we
are terminating the bottom layer, saturating it with pseudo-H
What did you include in your input file for it to converge?

Thank you for your time and consideration
With regards, Vibhav Yadav