[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20504] Re: Extremely High Temperature and Pressure Increase using NPT

Michela Benazzi bnzmichela at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:48:41 UTC 2024

Hi Frederick, thank you very much for sharing this!

The spike occurs as soon as the simulation starts, hence why I shared the
first couple frames. Would you still like me to include more?

- CP2K is not printing any warnings.
- Do you have any suggestions on what to look for when checking for
accuracy? I have changed CUTOFF in the past.
- I could probably afford a larger basis set. The current one I am using
was the same used in prior research in my lab, where admittedly they did
not do much benchmarking! I can read more about zeta quality.
- I will also fix smearing.

Sincerely thank you so much!! This gave me a good starting point and
different opinions. Best,

Michela