[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20461] Re: Cholesky decompose failed: the matrix is not positive definite or ill-conditioned

Tian-Ning Chen tianning733 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 14:59:59 UTC 2024

Dear Frederick

Thank you for your help. Now problem is resolved.

Much appreciation

Tian-Ning Chen

Dear Tiang-Ning,
A failing Cholesky decomposition may have two causes: incorrect geometry or
too diffuse basis functions. In your case, some atoms are overlapping.
Please take into account that your unit cell is replicated in all three
directions such that the distance between some atoms is smaller than it may
seem on first glance. For instance, the atoms 97-100 are equivalent to each
other (there are more!).
Best,
Frederick