[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20421] Re: FFTW Wisdom File Error

Frederick Stein f.stein at hzdr.de
Fri Jul 5 10:10:21 UTC 2024

Dear Santiago,
TLDR I finally fixed the culprit: The current master or the next release
contain a proper fix of import/export of wisdom.
Long version: We missed the FFTW initialization for threaded environments
such that the import was done with a non-threaded library and later
threaded calls "turned" it to a threaded library such that the export
occured with a threaded version (undefined behavior). Thus, the fftw-wisdom
has to be called accordingly: without "-t <thread_count>", it is unthreaded
(not compatible with CP2K), with this flag, it is threaded. Thus, creating
wisdom with "fftw-wisdom" for CP2K requires you to set the number of
threads. Incompatible wisdom files do not stop CP2K because with certain
configurations we observed that the import/export is broken for unknown
reasons.

Thank you for your cooperation and please excuse the inconveniences.
Best,
Frederick