[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19863] dftd3

Станислав Бачурин bachurin.rostgmu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:16:09 UTC 2024

Dear Jürg,

Thank you for your response! I am working on optimizing the geometry of 8
guanine molecules coordinated around a potassium ion. I performed geometry
optimization calculations and obtained a structure similar to the one
obtained in X-ray structural analysis. The issue is that the distance
between the planes of guanine pairs, stacked on top of each other, is 3.0 Å
according to experimental data, but in the calculations, it turned out to
be 4.5 Å. I found in one of the CP2K tutorials (
https://www.cp2k.org/_media/events:2015_cecam_tutorial:ling_vdw.pdf) that
such a situation is possible when dispersion interactions are not taken
into account. It was mentioned that including van der Waals interactions is
possible by using the dftd3 method and specifying the dftd3.dat file, which
is provided in the CP2K package. I searched for information about dftd3 and
came across the corresponding package, which led to the question of whether
it is possible to generate a similar dftd3.dat file using this package to
use it in geometry optimization within CP2K.

In the end, I am facing the problem of not fully understanding how to
correctly account for dispersion interactions, which are crucial for my
structure.

Best regards, S.S. Bachurin

среда, 31 января 2024 г. в 13:18:19 UTC+3, Jürg Hutter: