[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19834] Help: cp2k vibration analysis stopped in the middle, how to renew the calculation?

Mikhail Povarnitsyn povarnitsynme at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 23:31:31 UTC 2024

Dear Leili,

Sorry for the late reply. Two files for you version 2022.1 are attached.
You have to make substitution into src/motion and recompile the code:
make ARCH=local VERSION="psmp".

To specify the range of atoms to shift from equilibrium positions, just add
the keywords START_ATOM_ID and END_ATOM_ID:

&VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS
DX 0.005
START_ATOM_ID  1
END_ATOM_ID      100

For instance, you can split the task of 600 atoms into 6 parts
1-100,101-200, etc and then gather the force derivatives into the dynamical
matrix.
If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,
Mikhail