[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19753] Re: Electric Field for Molecular Dynamic Calculation

André Borrfors andre.borrfors at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:05:22 UTC 2024

Hi,

Have you looked in to using %RUN_TYPE EHRENFEST_DYN?
This utilizes real_time_propagation within DFT to propagate the electronic
response to an electric field specified in the input, and the nuclear
geometry is updated within the ehrenfest scheme
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrenfest_theorem>.

Note that this is very expensive for most systems and will require fine
tuning of the relevant input parameters and access to heavy computing power
if more than one or two molecules are to be propagated.

Best,
André