[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19711] Re: How to use cp2k to calculate elastic modulus parameters

cpash...@gmail.com cpashartis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 15:51:00 UTC 2024

Hi Peng,

If you want to do mechanical properties, the DFPT variant is not
implemented in cp2k (last I checked), you will need to compute the stresses
and fit the corresponding stresses and strains. One such way is to use the
elasticity module available from materials project /
pymatgen: https://pymatgen.org/pymatgen.analysis.elasticity.html .
Specifically, you should use it to modify the structures (generate the
deformations) and fit it.

Keep in mind that you can't use the wavefunctions to restart at each step
because the structure changes.

Christopher