[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19925] Hybrids and double hybrids on LUMI

Sigbjorn Bore sigbjorn.loland.bore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 09:33:30 UTC 2024

Hi, first, thank you for this awesome software!

I am planning to run a lot of water single point calculations (forces and
energies) for water on LUMI-G. I am currently using this installation
https://lumi-supercomputer.github.io/LUMI-EasyBuild-docs/c/CP2K/#user-documentation.
This recommends a slightly different setup (6 openMP vs 3 in
https://pubs.aip.org/aip/jcp/article/158/16/164109/2886896, which I
understand was done during pilot phase). Is this installation up to date,
and what is generally the best jobsetup currently?

Then, to get best performance for hybrids and double hybrids on LUMI, do
you have any specific recommendations?
>From https://pubs.aip.org/aip/jcp/article/160/6/064116/3263749,  https://pubs.aip.org/aip/jcp/article/160/6/064116/3263749,
https://pubs.aip.org/aip/jcp/article/158/16/164109/2886896, and rapid
developments I am little confused on what I should be running to get
reasonable numerical accuracy (at each level of theory) for lowest amount
of cost. So far it seems standard input file (4c) for hybrid functionals
and use the SOS of
https://pubs.aip.org/aip/jcp/article/158/16/164109/2886896 for RI-MP2.

All the best,
Sigbjørn