[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19920] Re: Diffusion energy of CO on Cu from NEB

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 16:38:41 UTC 2024

Hi Deepak Ojha

Have you compared the adsorption energies or other properties to those
reported in the literature to verify whether  the computational setting are
accurate enough.
>From your input I expect that there might be problems related to :
- the slab is small, and it has only three layers
- no k-points are used
- the bottom layer of the slab is  not fixed
- the convergence criterion is not tight enough
- Cu is a metal and the OT approach is not appropriate
- DZVP basis set are not large enough
- the frames are not aligned

Regards
Marcella