[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19882] Re: How to use KIND section with DeepMD potential

Muhammad Saleh captainmozak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:50:23 UTC 2024

Dear Eren

I'm not sure if this will help but as far as I understand, KIND mostly for
QM calculation for instance if you set METHOD as DFT. The detail is here:

https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-7_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/KIND.html

,while in the example of Deepmd, the method is FIST, which is classical
molecular dynamics, where the deepmd potential itself is the "force field.".
Do you try to use the example as it is, except for the COORD and
POT_FILE_NAME?

if you still encounter the problem, you can try it with I-PI first. Good
luck

Best
MuS