[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20626] Re: Barostat/Thermostat mass units?

Michela Benazzi bnzmichela at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 16:43:11 UTC 2024

As a followup note, I had more errors in my first email, so please
disregard the numbers except for the main question:

The barostat mass I calculated with
N_f = 3*64 atoms
T = 1200 K
t_p = 50 fs

is W = 1.3243919e-49 kg*m2. If I normalize it dividing by the Bohr radius
squared, W = 4.7294895e-29 kg.

Converted: W = 0.0284816321 amu or W = 51.9188808691 m_e, which is still
nowhere close to the ~10^6 value that my RESTART file shows for the CP2K
barostat mass. That is where I would love some suggestions. Thank you!

Michela