[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20580] Persistent SCF convergence issues for a spin-polarized Fe(II)-bearing silicate melt system

Xu Heseri wangxusyly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:52:35 UTC 2024

Dear CP2K developers and users,

  As shown in the attached input file, I am trying to perform FPMD
simulations for a Fe(II)-bearing silicate melt containing 153 atoms. Since
spin polarization is required, I am using the diagonalization method with
smearing for the SCF run. However, the SCF fails to converge despite my
attempts with various related settings. I would greatly appreciate any
suggestions. Thank you in advance!
Sincerely,
Xu

P.S. The initial structure was generated from a FPMD simulation using the
VASP package, where the SCF for such a system converged efficiently using
Fermi smearing with σ=kBT.