[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20131] Getting the potential energy of a subsystem

Simone Ritarossi sim.ritarossi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:06:25 UTC 2024

Thank you for your reply.

My goal is to obtain the potential energy of only one part of my system.
During MD, for each timestep, I have the total potential energy and the
total kinetic energy. Can I obtain (or reconstruct) the potential energy of
only one group of atoms in my system?

I have tried both recommended options, but I get 1) either overly detailed
information or 2) a 'total atomic energy' and not that of a subsystem.

Thank you very much for your help!