[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20129] Issue with SOC calculations (more generally multiplicity) using the wB97XD functional

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Apr 25 11:24:12 UTC 2024

Hi

it seems this is an internal inconsistency of CP2K for the specific case of
ADMM EXCH_CORRECTION_FUNC  BECKE88   and
TDDFT with LSD or TRIPLET

The solution that will work is to replace BECKE88 by BECKE88_libxc
or change to another available functional.

I only tested this for standard calculations (not SOC), but I think it should
work also for your input. If not, let us know.

regards
JH