[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20085] Re: AUTO_BASIS in RI_MP2 non-PBC

Ralf Frischmann ralf.p.frischmann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 07:03:29 UTC 2024

Hi Frederick,

thanks for the quick reply.

With "ERI_METHOD GPW" there is no crash in the _auto case anymore :-)

However, the explicit (non-auto) RI_AUX basis case input does finish
properly with "ERI_METHOD OS" and also gives the correct MP2 E_corr of
about -0.199x, so it is not 100% clear to me how switching to an
auto-generated RI basis can then cause that kind of failure. In other
words, the outcome of the ERI_METHOD compute part should in my limited
understanding *not depend *on how the RI_AUX basis has been initially
"generated", i.e. read from a basis set file or generated numerically from
scratch via AUTO_BASIS.

Regards,

Ralf