[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19261] Re: Is there some code to read, write and modify WFN files

Leili Rassouli rassouli.leili at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:40:11 UTC 2023

Hi Yi,

I'm facing a similar issue and need to work with binary .wfn files, making
changes, and restarting calculations using the newly created .wfn file in
the latest version of CP2K. I've noticed that the script mentioned earlier
is compatible only with version 2.6, and I'm looking for a solution that
works with the latest version.

I've also explored using Multiwfn for creating .wfn files, but it appears
that the .wfn format produced by CP2K is different from the typical .wfn
format used in wavefunction analysis. The CP2K .wfn file is in a private
binary format, whereas Multiwfn deals with plain text files.

If you have any insights or a script that could help with my task in the
latest CP2K version, I'd greatly appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,
Lili