[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19234] Input file setup and convergence problem of lanthanide metal ions adsorbed to g-C3N4 cavity

Pengyan Li pyli_yingyi at 163.com
Fri Sep 8 08:03:20 UTC 2023

Dear all teachers!

I want to optimize the structure so that two Er3+ are adsorbed in the
coordination cavity of g-C3N4. The spin multiplicity is set to 7 because I
think Nalpha-Nbeta+1 is 7 (f11 orbital, three single electrons).

As a two-dimensional material, the extension in space is set to the XY
direction and the k point is set to 3, 3, 1, but the program will show the
following warning (Figure 1). If you cancel the K-point setting, the prompt
will be eliminated. It is not known if the K-point setting conflicts with
the spin multiplicity setting.

[image: Figure 1.jpg]

In addition, I have tried input files with spin multiple weights equal to
1,3,7 and net charge of 6, all of which can run normally, but they do not
converge after 128 cycles, even when running up to the upper limit of 500
cycles. I would like to ask teachers if there is any structural problems in
the modeling of my system (Figure 2). I also provided a structure file,
thank you teachers!

[image: Figure 2.jpg]

I used the input file generated by multiwfn (see attached file, 2.inp), the
input file is attached. I am really ignorant, do not know where the setting
is a little problem, please teachers give guidance!