[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19218] Zero forces with "REFTRAJ"?

Ari Paavo Seitsonen (apsi) ari.p.seitsonen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 09:29:37 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

  We have an issue with the usage of the option "REFTRAJ": It seems that
the forces are zero even if the option "EVAL_ENERGY_FORCES" set to "TRUE".
Otherwise the data, like the rewritten trajectory in the format .xyz, the
"MOMENTS", ...

  My section on the dynamics:

  &MD
    ENSEMBLE REFTRAJ
    &REFTRAJ
      EVAL_ENERGY_FORCES T
      TRAJ_FILE_NAME traj.xyz
    &END REFTRAJ
  &END MD

The option "EVAL_ENERGY_FORCES" is found in the resulting file .restart, so
it has been correctly read and interpreted:

       EVAL_ENERGY_FORCES  T

  I have also the section '&FORCE_EVAL / &PRINT / &FORCES' defined,

    &FORCES ON
      FILENAME =${SYSTEM}-1.forces
      &EACH
        MD 1
      &END EACH
    &END FORCES

but the output file remains empty, even if this option works within normal
MD runs (without 'REFTRAJ').

  I would be thankful for any kind of hints on what I am doing wrong. :(

    Greetings from Paris,

      apsi