[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19439] CPASSERT failed in dipole calculations

Diego López diegolopal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:55:22 UTC 2023

Dear CP2K users,

I want to calculate the IR spectra of a organic molecule adsorbed on a
Au(111) slab. I optimized the structure with a tight SCF convergence and
tight force threshold. The problem occurs when I run
the VIBRATIONAL_ANALYSIS calculation (using &PROPERTIES&LINRES&POLAR
PERIODIC_DIPOLE_OPERATOR TRUE) and I can read at the end of the output:
 *   ___
    *
 *  /   \
   *
 * [ABORT]
    *
 *  \___/                             CPASSERT failed
   *
 *    |
   *
 *  O/|
   *
 * /| |
   *
 * / \
qs_linres_methods.F:730 *

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

           10 preortho
            9 linres_solver
            8 polar_response
            7 linres_calculation_low
            6 qs_energies_properties
            5 qs_energies
            4 qs_forces
            3 rep_env_calc_e_f
            2 ms_vb_anal
            1 CP2K

The input is the same as the other runs that I used, so I am wondering how
could I overcome this problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,
Diego