[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19430] Re: units of psi^2

Lukas C l.cvitkovich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 06:30:28 UTC 2023

Hi again,

Let me please answer at least party to myself as I just figured out how to
get the dimensionless wavefunction and someone might need this at some
point.

Considering:
1. the volume V of a voxel
2. the DFT wavefunction Psi
2. that the sum of the "actual" or dimensionless wavefunction Psi_A squared
over the normalization volume V equals 1
we can say:
V * sum( Psi_A² ) = 1, where the sum goes over all voxels.
as well as:
sum( Psi² ) = F    ....   F is just some factor that appears due to the
normalization

we can then get the dimensionless probability density by
Psi_A²=Psi²/(V*F).

So far so good. Now I am not sure how to proceed when calcuating the
hyperfine Hamiltonian S A I, with S is the spin (here 1/2) and I is the
nuclear spin.
A is given in MHz but do i multiply this with hbar or h to get the energy?

Lukas