[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19418] Re: Questions on the use of the WFN_MIX function to obtain the open-shell singlet state

John Zhang jtravers2023 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:51:09 UTC 2023

Dear Dr Lannuzzi

Thank your for your response!

Following you suggestions, I performed a few test calculations (without the
ADDED_MOS)

1. Starting from the ATOMIC guess with singlet spin multiplicity. The
calculation stopped at the beginning of "Performing wfn mixing" and the
error message looks like (I pasted only a few lines)
"PBLAS ERROR 'Array subscript out of bounds: JX = 7, DESCX[N_] = 4'
from {0,7}, pnum=7, Contxt=0, in routine 'PDCOPY'.
PBLAS ERROR 'Parameter number 4 had an illegal value'
from {0,7}, pnum=7, Contxt=0, in routine 'PDCOPY'.
{0,7}, pnum=7, Contxt=0, killed other procs, exiting with error #-4.
"

2. if the calculation started using the quintet wave function, it
immediately stopped and the error message is "Number of occupied MOs on
restart unit larger than allocated MOs"

I also checked the examples in the tests, but I cannot figure out what the
problem is. Any insight? Thank you again!

Best wishes

John