[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19408] Re: Mapping fragments in mixed force calculations

Josh W jwheels91 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 10:18:48 UTC 2023

Unfortunately, I was never able to figure what was wrong with the inputs. I
ended up using a pure DFT functional for the whole system which was just
under 1000 atoms. The simulation was costly but gave me very good data.
Depending on the size of your system you may consider this as well.

I also wish I still had access to these files so I could send them to you
but here is an explanation of what I remember: Each subsystem file
contained coordinates for the corresponding layer of the calculation. For
example, "dft_subsys.inc" had coordinates for the solute I was treating
with DFT (along with basis sets, pseudopotentials, and cell section). I
believe the only difference between this file and "solute_subsys.inc" was
that I removed anything pertaining to DFT. The file "combined_subsys.inc"
contained coordinates for my solute and all the solvent molecules which I
was treating with PM6. The idea was to manually implement ONIOM by adding
the DFT energy and PM6 energy of the whole system and then removing the PM6
energy of the solute. I attempted to  define this in the main input under
the first &FORCE_EVAL section.

I'm still not sure if this would have worked if I had resolved the error,
but I hope it serves as a decent starting point for you. Feel free to
respond with any questions.

 -Josh