[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19398] default for kpoints

Benedikt Schier benedikt.schier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 08:56:27 UTC 2023

Dear Matthias,

thank you very much for your answer, but this confuses me then. In the
default case I can use OT but as soon as I define a KPOINTS section with
the scheme gamma of the size 1x1x1 I can not use the OT section anymore.
When Gamma point only calculations are the default, then why does cp2k
behave differently as soon as I explicitly state that I want to use Gamma
point calculations in the input file? Another question would be: why is
there an option in the Kpoints section to use SCHEME GAMMA which behaves
differently compared to the default without this option set.

Best regards,

Benedikt Schier