[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19368] Isolate dispersion contribution in vdW-DF2 calculations

Michael Fischer doktorbrezel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:19:45 UTC 2023

Dear Prof. Hutter,

Thank you very much for the clarification.
I presume that it cannot be expected that a simple "switching off" of the
dispersion part (commenting out the entire vdW_POTENTIAL block and
re-running a single-point calculation with the same combination of exchange
and correlation functionals) would not give a physically meaningful
estimation of the dispersion contribution (as the difference between "full"
rev-vdW-DF2 energy and the "exchange-corellation only" energy), because
some part of the local contribution is implicitly included in the
exchange-correlation part. Or could that be a plausible option?

Thanks again, best regards,
Michael