[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19349] Re: ETRS and CN propagators lead to completely different Ehrenfest dynamics

Natalia K natalja.lipina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 07:38:55 UTC 2023

UPD on this issue: apparently, the Cranc-Nicolson is the less stable one. I
did some additional tests with a very small time-step (0.0005 fs) and the
CN propagator converged to the ETRS result, the same one that ETRS gives
even with dt = 0.006 fs. So, the answer is, one should use the ETRS
propagator to be able to use larger time step.

Natalia