[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19346] cp2k vs. gaussian software

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 03:18:53 UTC 2023

AFAIK, a complete match between both codes is a little bit difficult, due
to their different approaches to compute terms, use of GAPW scheme among
others. But take into account that B3LYP in G program is defined in a
"special" way ussing the VWN3 functional instead VWN5, the later is the
"correct" one (as is stated in the VWN paper) and the most used definition
of B3LYP in most programs... This difference in the functional definition
triggers some appreciable differences, and have to taken into account.
For a closer matching with G program you need to use the VWN3 instead of
VWN5, check it.

Regards - Lucas

El mar, 10 oct 2023 a las 21:50, K.AK (<koshima02 at gmail.com>) escribió:

> Dear Jürg Hutter & cp2k experts
>
> I tried to simulate optimization with suggested conditions.
>
> But, the atomic charge were a little different in case of gaussian or cp2k
> software.
> I confirmed the structure consistment with before and after optimization.
> The results of mulliken atomic sharge are below.
>
>       Gaussian         cp2k
> F    -0.27228      -0.29413
> O   -0.476218    -0.424407
> O   -0.490938    -0.44221
> N   -0.571762    -0.522822
> H    0.29534       0.29644
> N   -0.611851    -0.56184
> H   0.298201      0.299782
> C   0.268481      0.302454
> C   0.569844      0.487981
> C   0.747199      0.650784
> C   0.092956      0.057482
> H   0.151035      0.150487
>
> What did the difference of charges be caused?
> Is this charge difference an acceptable difference in DFT field?
>
> regards
> K.AK
> 2023年10月11日水曜日 0:02:21 UTC+9 K.AK:
>
>> Dear Jürg Hutter & cp2k users
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestion.
>>
>> I try to do simutation with the set conditions you suggested.
>>
>> regards
>> K.AK
>>
>> 2023年10月10日火曜日 16:50:45 UTC+9 Jürg Hutter:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> use a larger box.
>>> use a cubic box.
>>> use PERIODIC NONE and a corresponding POISSON SOLVER
>>>
>>> make the other changes I suggested.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> JH

>>> K.AK[before optimization.png][after optimization.png]
>>> 2023年10月10日火曜日 16:21:51 UTC+9 Jürg Hutter:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I made some changes to your input:
>>>
>>> EPS_ISO -> use the default value
>>> &MGRID
>>> CUTOFF 400
>>> NGRIDS 4
>>> REL_CUTOFF 60
>>> &END MGRID
>>> I used the default interaction potential. You probably should use
>>> a setting for an isolated molecule (Poisson solver, Periodicity NONE)
>>> to get best comparison to QC programs.
>>> I also used an cubic box, I don't see why you have does angles defined.
>>>
>>> I calculated the charges at the initial geometry:
>>>
>>> CP2K G16
>>> 1 C 0.298435 0.302041
>>> 2 C 0.058327 0.056900
>>> 3 N -0.521926 -0.521311