[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19343] FFT problems with large unit cell

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Tue Oct 10 14:52:42 UTC 2023

Hi Léon

As Jürg wrote, the WAVELET solver requires a specific FFT library, namely FFTSG. By contrast the FFTW library, there are no EXTENDED_FFT_LENGTHS available for FFTSG. The largest FFT length for FFTSG (being hard-coded in CP2k) is 1024. Depending on your cutoff, a cell vector length of 70 A may result in an FFT length larger than 1024. Check the output of your run for the grid sizes using this print key.<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/PRINT/GRID_INFORMATION.html>

Best

Matthias