[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19328] Extracting Atomic Forces from XYZ Trajectories in CP2K

riccardo piombo riccardo.piombo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:11:04 UTC 2023

Dear Victor,

The problem is the following:
We already have our MD trajectories but we (unfortunately) made a mistake
and we didn't ask cp2k to print the Atomic forces in the way you explained.
Since the trajectories are very long (hundreds of picoseconds and for
several huge supercells) and now we don't have any computational time
available, I'm wondering to compute the Atomic forces from scratch by
coding a program able to do that.
To that aim,  I Need to know the integration algorithm implemented. Since
cp2k is so huge I'm looking for some guidance.

Thanks for your reply.
Best regards,

Riccardo Piombo